Concepts of Business Communication
|✅ Paper Type: Free Essay||✅ Subject: Communications|
|✅ Wordcount: 1983 words||✅ Published: 15th Aug 2018|
- RITU MUDLIAR
Active listening skills are ways to become a good listener. It basically means that listeners are hearing various messages, understands its meaning and verifies the feedback. Characteristics of active listeners are that more time is spent listening than talking. Five active listening skills in making your communication with your trainees are attending, encouraging, reflecting, interpreting or questioning.
- Attending- this makes the speaker aware whether the staffs are active listeners or not. This also implements that staffs will be taking precautions measures to resolve anything discussed in the meeting.
- Encouraging- shows what the speaker is saying and discussing.
- Reflecting- it shows that you are listening and understanding whatever the speaker is saying.
- Interpreting- analyzing whatever the speaker has said and summarizing it to be put into practice into their own words
- Questioning- shows that the staff were attentive and by asking questions they are really attentive and aware of all the happenings.
Interpersonal skills are the skills we are using every day for communication and mixing around with other people. This is done either individually or in groups. Many people have worked really hard in their professional and personal lives. Four interpersonal communication skills are:
- Being optimistic- where people make opinions about the work done or to be done so that when launching a new product everyone’s opinion is taken into account.
- Patient- patience is very important in any organization as with this person can be in total control of the work pressure and staffs pressure.
- Confidence- doing anything or any project in any organization is very important and with total confidence anyone can do anything impossible into possibility. With that belief staffs and employers tend to move forward their business.
- Charming- this is very interesting character as whoever is charming can work their ways into anything. This interesting character has the charms to work things out.
Assertiveness means where one person stands ground for another and standing up for that person. This normally is called bullies. Many people seek to be assertive through using methods and techniques that can be achieved. Those whom seek can dramatically can increase their effective influence and strength by using these methods. Some methods and techniques used in this process are:
- Have faith as this normally can lead to progressive reports.
- Prepare questions and ask to whom it is suitable to and this will in return than will prove worthy or not.
- Read inspirational things that reinforce your faith in proper values-this will always give good examples and ideas towards business minded people and strategy.
Negotiation is where two parties come to a mutual agreement to any issue. This however will than become the mutual agreement between them. This resolution always tends to work in any organizations to resolve company issues related to workers or management.
Feedback is very important in any organization as this is the only way any company can get feedbacks about their products being sold out in the market. This way the company can always have a fair idea as to where they stand and can than intent to launch other products. This is important as constructive measures can be taken in accordance to improve anything.
Clarification is what we don’t understand and ask questions to clarify the doubts anyone has in their minds. This is helpful to managers as this gives both the interviewee and the manager a fair idea as to whether that particular person has understood or not. Question and discussion makes it easier as this way all clarifications are out from both parties and whatever questions are there are cleared before proceeding to another process. Feedback is a very important factor in any organization. This gives the whole progress report as to where the company stands and if it’s safe to launch new products into the market or to grow the existing one. Customer’s point of view gives the result of the market value and this decides the company’s outcomes towards the profit. Follow up gives proper record of the sales market and makes you keep product market value at high level. For example since Alliance & Leicester is dealing with banking, insurance and this all are related to money. If the company decides to launch more investments, it will apply all the theory of feedback, follow up, clarification, question and answers as this will give the correct figure as to where the company’s status stands and whether the company is liable to precede this product in the market.
Also using rapport can be a solution too. Finding common grounds of communication to support your theory also portrays a huge role n the stock market. Displaying respect and empathy is also another one of the methods.
Build a team of your committee by bringing people along with you, working with them Interpret the purpose and programs of the organization to the committee Understand and interpret the community to the organization an committee members Be knowledgeable about services of other organizations Use skills in human relations and knowledge of your committee members to help each attain the peak of performance Accept and understand your committees goals and objectives as they come to you from the planning process Guide your committee in long and short range planning In the budget process, have your committee estimate costs of objectives and identify any income Monitor implementation of committee objectives When appropriate, decide with committee to take part in implementing objectives Delegate responsibilities to committee members Recognize conflicts and disagreements and use problem-solving skills to deal with them.
Participants Rights and Responsibilities
Have certain responsibilities which include: Making every effort to gather sufficient information that will allow them to make an informed decision about their participation, in good faith .While participating, they should also make every reasonable effort to comply with protocol requirements and inform the investigators of unanticipated problems. Participants always have the right to withdraw from their participation in research at any time and for any reason without penalty or loss of benefits to which they would otherwise be entitled.
A minute recorder or secretary is the person who takes notes of all the meetings and makes it into a proper report for both the parties to keep. Their duties include keeping all records of conversations done between the two parties and then conveying the message to a full report made into written or verbal communication. This way a record is made as to what has happened during the meetings and what the outcomes are.
Traditional views of the communication process in school organizations have been dominated by downward communication flows. Such flows transmit information from higher to lower levels of the school organization. School leaders, from central office administrators to building-level administrators, communicate downward to group members through speeches, messages in school bulletins, school board policy manuals, and school procedure handbooks. Information passed from the top managers or executives to the middle and low managers are called downward communication. For example executive manager passes a message that a new product has to be launched in Alliance & Leicester and this message has to be passed on from one stage to another. The downward flow of communication provides a channel for directives, instructions, and information to organizational members. However, much information gets lost as it is passed from one person to another. Moreover, the message can be distorted if it travels a great distance from its sender to the ultimate receiver down through the formal school organization hierarchy Implementation of goals, strategies, and objectives. Communicating new strategies and goals provides information about specific targets and expected behaviors. It gives direction for lower levels of the school/school district, community college, or university. For example: “The new reform mandate is for real. We must improve the quality of products in order to succeed further in the market and increase our sales value:” Implementation of goals, strategies, and objectives. Communicating new strategies and goals provides information about specific targets and expected behaviors. It gives direction for lower levels of the school/school district, community college, or university. For example: “The new reform mandate is for real. We must improve the quality of student learning if we are to succeed.”
Supervisors are invested with decision making powers or increasingly complex decision making powers they farther you to go up the hierarchy chain of command. People in a hierarchy know who is to make the decision on a particular issue or at the very least, which is ultimately responsible for the decision (the top person in the hierarchy). Advantage of this is often more efficient than other methods such as group decision making. At the same time preventing those on the bottom of the hierarchy from making or participating in a decision.
Clear organizations and specialization
Structures are always centralized and decentralized in hierarchy chains. It defines the nature of the relationship with other employees with narrow control which gets under them more.
Two communication technologies used by Alliance & Leicester are electronic and oral communication. Electronic communication is done by telephone for internal & external communication, email, internet, fax and computers. This is required for making reports in the finance department where all records are kept. It keeps people connected regardless of their locations instantly. Some advantages are:
- Messages passed on are fast and efficient. It is delivered and reply comes back as soon as the receiver receives it.
Disadvantages of electronic communication are:
- Everyone is relying on electronic devices rather than their own minds as it used to happen in the old days. It seems businesses are running and depending more on these than the book records.
Oral communication is another source of technology of communication. Some advantages of oral communication are:
- It is time saving as action is required to be taken immediately into account. It is always best to transmit a message orally. If the executives workload is high than they stop writing and by oral instructions they complete their message transmission.
Some disadvantages of oral communication are:
- There are no records of instructions passed on. Messages are difficult to record. Sorting out becomes impossible to preserve the message for future purpose. This creates issues amongst the management where all records are to be kept safe for future purpose use.
Cite This Work
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below:
Related ServicesView all
DMCA / Removal Request
If you are the original writer of this essay and no longer wish to have your work published on UKEssays.com then please: